Contest Rules and Regulations
1. The 2015 contest is not scheduled for date to be determined
2. Should the contest not be held for any reason on , it will be held on . No refunds or exchanges will be allowed.
3. Entry fee for the contest is $45.00. No refunds or exchanges will be given for any reason.
4. The contest ticket and random drawing tickets are two separate items. Random drawing tickets are available for $10.00 and need not be purchased in conjunction with a contest ticket. No refunds will be given for any reason. Random drawing tickets must be purchased with cash only and by an adult over 18 years of age. A limited supply will be printed and available for purchase at designated ticket outlets and on the ice. Telephone and online orders cannot be accepted for random drawing tickets. All Minnesota gambling control regulations are abided by. Random drawing prize winners need not be present to win.
5. Contest and random drawing prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, and all incidental or consequential expenses incurred are the responsibility of the winners. Random drawing prizes must be claimed within 90 days of notification. Contest prizes must be claimed by Noon on Sunday (the day after the contest).
6. Each contestant will be allowed to fish one pole per hole, per ticket, two holes maximum. You may register as many fish as you want, but only the heaviest fish per contestant will qualify for a contest prize.
7. Contestants must fish in the contest area during the contest and use the holes provided.
8. Anyone fishing within the contest area must have a contest ticket and it must be visible at all times.
9. Contestants are not allowed to enter fishing contest area prior to 8:00 am. on the day of the contest.
10. Contestants may reserve no more than four holes.
11. Contestants are allowed to move to and fish in other unoccupied holes in the contest area.
12. Contestants must enter the contest area through an inspection point. All bags, buckets, bait, containers, etc must be inspected prior to entering the contest area.
13. Contestants may leave the contest area between Noon-3:00 PM, however, must re-enter through an inspection point.
14. All fish entered into the contest must be brought to the weigh-in station immediately and must be alive. Please bring fish to weigh-in station in a bag or bucket, as the contest is live release. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges shall have the right to verify all fish are legally caught. The decision of the judge is final. All prize winners may be required to take polygraph exams as part of the contest requirements. In the event deception is detected or the contestant refuses to take the exam, his/her prize will be forfeited. Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at time of weigh-in. All fish registered have been legally gifted to the Kids Fishing Foundation.
15. All contestants must be in the weigh-in line at or before 3:05 PM. on the day of the contest.
16. The top prizes are determined by largest weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered takes priority.
17. Contest results remain unofficial until verified by the head judge. Unofficial results will be posted on our website at www.kidsfishfree.com and on the ice throughout the contest hours. Efforts will be made to keep the board as up-to-date and accurate as possible.
18. Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions and property at all times.
19. Contestants and holes must be in plain view from all sides at all times. No shelters will be allowed. Anything on the ice is subject to search and removal of items may be required.
20. No motorized vehicles are allowed in the contest area other than those of contest officials and police personnel. Any contestant bringing a motor vehicle within the contest perimeter will be disqualified.
21. Contestants are required to park in the areas provided. There is no on-ice parking for contestants. Contestants are encouraged to carpool and use the event shuttle service. Shuttle service begins at 8:00 am. Please visit the website www.kidsfishfree.com prior to the contest for all parking and shuttle information.
22. All laws of the State of Minnesota prevail.
23. Licenses are not sold on the lake, everyone must have a valid fishing license.
24. All bait fish must be four inches or smaller. Any bait fish more than four inches long will not be allowed within the contest area.
25. No spears or ice augers are allowed. Ice chisels are recommended as holes are pre-drilled.
26. Glass containers are not allowed in the contest area and will be confiscated by contest officials.
27. Heaters, chairs, bait pails, depth finders and underwater cameras are allowed. Absolutely no lines are allowed in the water before the start of the contest. Baited lines in the water are prohibited until the start of the contest. Contestants are allowed to check their depth prior to the contest. Anyone with lines in the water prior to the contest for any other purpose than checking depth will be immediately disqualified.
28. Failure to comply with any contest rules subjects contestants to disqualification and removal from contest area as determined by contest officials. Contest officials reserve the right to refuse sale and or revoke a contest ticket to anyone.
29. Members of the Kids Fishing Foundation are ineligible to fish the contest.
30. All contestants and other spectators hereby consent to the use of any names, photographs or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television or any other media.
31. The Kids Fishing Foundation thanks you for supporting our efforts to protect the environment and request that you remove garbage—including cigarette butts— from the ice when you leave.
32. All contest updates are available and official only from Kids Fishing Foundation.